✑ In-class exercise: Create a composite object
Using the objects that you have brought in class, create a composite object and give it a title.
Expired Erhu

Using everyday objects, such as the clips for closing the bread package (the yellow one on the top), glasses box, memo and lipstick, I imitated the shape of Chinese instrument Erhu.

I borrowed incense from my classmate and used it as the bow of Erhu.
I used wires to make the bow originally. However, it is too small and does not stand out. Incense is larger in size so it will be emphasized when it is put near the imitated Erhu (like the photo shown).
As I learnt form the last lesson, isolation of the object's normal use can form a stunning effect. The incense cannot lit up anymore and lose its original function. I do think this combination funny!
------------------- I am a separated line -------------------
✑ Reflection on the lesson:
Though this kind of exercise makes me feel frustrated sometimes. However, I like the process of thinking other uses of an object and the creepy result it comes out finally. It is a good way to practice my imagination and I may get some inspiration for the future artworks.
沒有留言:
張貼留言